As for my own cancer update, well the next doctors appt is for the 14th of July but I need to move it to after the 16th, cause on the 16th I get another ultrasound, I normally get tested every 8-9 weeks but this time they only want to wait 5-6 weeks because they saw particles in the remaining ovary. Now according to the attending ultrasound technician/doctor this is actually quite normal and would not even really be a concern, except given my history we have to watch it close. So, not bad news but not great news either, the only thing to do now is to wait and see.
Sunday, June 26, 2005
Cancer Survivorship:San Diego
Well, I went to a outside seminar/celebration thingy today. It was pretty cool, lots of booths with free candy, pens, sunscreen, notepads,.... I love free stuff ^_^ . I got a free massage too! Sure it only lasted like 3 min but it was kool :) They had many different speakers talking about all kinds of stuff, the two I caught was Advances in treating Gynecologic Cancers, and You've Survived the Treatments: Now What? . The first one was cool, It was a little too technical for me to follow in some parts (the event was for providers/family members/ and survivors) So when he was answering some of the doctors questions I was like wtf?!?! The 2nd one was also informative. Although my girly ass did start crying s little when she was talking about some of the aftermath of chemo/cancer for months and years to come. Some of the stuff she was saying really hit home hard, is nice to have your thoughts/feelings validated. Some of the booths was support group type booths and some were about the latest drugs...Oh! One of them was about a replacement drug for neoprene the new drug you get ONE shot at the start of each cycle!! I’m also thinking about signing up for one of the places, they sounded pretty cool, they take a survivor and pair them with someone who is newly diagnosed, its mostly for teens though, which is good cause older women and younger women have different thoughts/feelings about cancer. Over all a good experience :)
As for my own cancer update, well the next doctors appt is for the 14th of July but I need to move it to after the 16th, cause on the 16th I get another ultrasound, I normally get tested every 8-9 weeks but this time they only want to wait 5-6 weeks because they saw particles in the remaining ovary. Now according to the attending ultrasound technician/doctor this is actually quite normal and would not even really be a concern, except given my history we have to watch it close. So, not bad news but not great news either, the only thing to do now is to wait and see.
As for my own cancer update, well the next doctors appt is for the 14th of July but I need to move it to after the 16th, cause on the 16th I get another ultrasound, I normally get tested every 8-9 weeks but this time they only want to wait 5-6 weeks because they saw particles in the remaining ovary. Now according to the attending ultrasound technician/doctor this is actually quite normal and would not even really be a concern, except given my history we have to watch it close. So, not bad news but not great news either, the only thing to do now is to wait and see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So how did the latest doctor appt go?
Post a Comment