I had SUCH a great weekend :)
I have a friend who is here in San D. for a few weeks for her work. So we went out on Sat. We went on the trolley tour which was cool cause you get to see all the cool shit there is in San D and hear some history on it and stuff. Then we roamed around the gaslamp quarter for awhile looking at the old buildings and all the shiny people. But we were gettin ansi and really just wanted to sit down and have a beer where we wernt surrounded by yuppies. So we have no luck finding anything in gaslamp thats even romotly punk rock. There were two bars that didnt open till like 9:30 that sounded like it might be okay but it was like 7pm, so when in dought find the local tattoo parlor. they then directed us to the Cherry Balm. A small hole in the corner bar, next to the laundry mat and TWO liquors stores!!. Music was okay, they had a jukebox so you know how that goes. However it Cali so no smokin inside and you cant take your drinks outside. We would chug a Newcastle go outside smoke a fag, then go back in and chug another. But know were gettin ansi again and we want to see a live band, we over hear two guys talkin out front about going to another bar to hear there friends band play cause it was some Jason guys B-day, se were like HEY! where the party?? and the guy gives us a flyer and encourges us to come along, except although he's a native to San D. he has no idea how to give us directions, but he did know the cross street and the flyer had an address on it. I call mom up and have her google/mapquest it for me, oh the name of the next play we went was The Rythm Lounge. We are greated by Mike and wonder on in. Order a round of newcastle and listen to the last few minutes of the opening band we finsh our beer, go out smoke some fags and chat up with mike and his friends who are there. We go inside a get a pitcher of amber boc cause newcaslte was puttin a hole in our wallets and the the last band starts playin. Disposable Income was pretty damn good for a local band scence, we drink down our pitcher rock out to some punk rock, push Mike into the mosh pit a couple times. But now its 2am and the close along with last call. So we go home and proceed to crash the F**k out.
Sunday, we just sat around BS's till we were hungry and went to Bennigans for food,. Then came back to the house BS some more then my friend had to go home cause she works in the early morning, I iron my uniform, check email, and play Bloodlines till its time for me to head off for bed...
I forgot how much fun life can be. I was really happy and content this weekend. Im used to going home to Vegas and being happy with life there, but I havent had that in San D, yet I get a feelin the next few weeks are going to fly by.
btw, no I did no driving on Sat. and yes I was beyond buzzed but not overly drunk. I was just drunk and happy! :P
1 comment:
Welcome back! You never had any problems balancing work and fun before so it’s not like you needed a jolt to go out and experience life. So welcome back, to experiencing life & having fun with friends. :)
Post a Comment